Thursday 18 February 2016

Vibram Fivefingers (how I adore them)

Oh I really want more.  More pairs of lovely toe-snuggly loveliness.  They make me feel comforted. I can't begin to explain the tactile pleasure of feeling the trail beneath my feet.

Four short runs in, and I have no trouble with my Achilles tendons, or any trouble with foot pain.  I do have sore calve muscles.  Not injured sore, but 'wow, these muscles are not used to this new style' sore. Running hasn't been far, or fast and, in fact, involves much walking whilst the adaption to this new style is ongoing, but it is such an exciting time; the very start of a new journey that there is no rush to complete.

There are no plans to spend all running time in VFFs however, and footwear options for tougher extreme fell terrain are being considered, for when the new style is habitual.  These Walsh performance shoes look amazing and seem to have very positive reviews.

In the meantime, here is a photo from this morning's pre-work run/walk, because, well, this is what it is all about.  There would have been no time to ride, but just enough to slip on the VFFs and loop around the defrosting gravelled trails of home.




No comments:

Post a Comment